Filthy Popeyes Kitchen In Detroit Exposed

If you’re tired of watching people do the shiggy challenge, there is a viral video going around of a filthy Popeyes kitchen in Detroit that was exposed by an employee on Facebook Live on Monday.

The Detroit Free Press reported that the Detroit Health Department is on site at the 14180 Gratiot Ave location, and decided to shut down the store on Tuesday after they saw the horrible conditions in the video.

Filthy Popeyes Kitchen

This 20-minute video was posted by Shakita Shemere Jones on Facebook Live, showing uncovered meat being frozen, dirty dishes on the clean dishes rack, week-old coleslaw sitting on the shelves, bugs, mold, dead flies, roaches, water on the floor and many other things that shouldn’t be in a kitchen or any fast food restaurant.

Just step on the roaches?

Just after 3-weeks of working at Popeyes, Shakita said she decided to go live on Facebook after being told that she should just step on the roaches instead of screaming when she saw one.

“When I filled out that application, it didn’t say we got roaches, you gotta kill them, you have to step on them, It didn’t say they had dead flies on the ice,” Jones said.

Maybe that was a good idea, we’ve been seeing a lot of roach funeral videos lately.

Popeyes Detroit roaches twerking in the kitchen

“We understand that the franchisee who owns and operates this location is currently working with local health officials and taking all appropriate measures to ensure that the restaurant is safe for all guests and team members,” Popeyes Corporate Offices told Detroit News in a statement.

I guess the situation could be worse, I remember when Popeyes ran out of chicken. That wasn’t a good day in America at all.

One thing I know for sure, no one is going to stop eating at Popeyes in Detroit.


This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote


Leave a Reply